Sunday, March 4, 2012

Are We There Yet...?

Setting up camp for the first time.  Those chairs? Worth. Every. Penny.
Forgive the title - had to get it out of my system. 

RDB was determined that we'd get the truck in time to go out for our first trip - for my 30th Birthday weekend. And it was touch and go for a bit: transfering a truck in from CA, a lost title, finding another Ranger, me being out of town, me being in the emergency room, BB driving up with the loan docs, dealing with the sales-dorks.  It was a mess.  But, we had the camper, we (finally) got the truck, and we were going camping!

RDB did a great job of keeping the location a secret - this was my birthday gift.  Though, he did let the cat out of the bag that we were camping with The 5J's and D&G+2.  It was a great first trip - lots of fun with the kiddos, about 4 trips to the Wal*Mart, and no one got hurt or lost! (That's success when you're camping with 5 kids under 5!)

We were in spots 37 and 38 at the Double Lake Rec Area.  Great for group camping (the two sites share a pad), very close to the bath house, and only about a 2 hour drive from home. 

I can't wait to go out with the group again.  And I can't wait to go out just me and RDB!

No comments:

Post a Comment