Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Newest Accessory: Leatherman Mini-Multi-Tool

I'm not the typical girlie-girl.  I mean, sure, I can get all dolled up with the best of them, and look mighty fine in a business suit for work, but when it comes down to it - I love the outdoors.  I love working with my hands and creating things.  I'm the kinda girl that asks for power tools at Christmas.

Yep, Daddy raised me right.

So when I started my search for an everyday-carry knife/tool, I knew the direction to head to would be a Leatherman.  I can't count the number of times that I've bugged RDB to borrow his (he's got a full-sized, strapped to the belt, Leatherman).  But I don't wear belts.  And I have tiny hands. I needed something a bit more, well, girlie.

Introducing the Leatherman Squirt PS4

"Who Says You Can't Have it All?"

This small-but-mighty little tool has 9 different features ('nail file' and 'tweezer' options ain't a-one of them!!):
  • Spring-action Needlenose Pliers
  • Spring-action Regular Pliers
  • Spring-action Wire Cutters
  • 420HC Knife
  • Scissors
  • Medium Screwdriver
  • Flat/Phillips Screwdriver
  • Wood/Metal File
  • Bottle Opener
For such a small tool, it does have a bit of heft to it. That's fine by me, though - it accounts for the fact that this really is a tool and not just a keychain do-dad and that there's not a lick of plastic in the whole thing: the handle pads are anodized aluminum.  I've only had it for about a week, and already I've used it three or four times; the knife is what I was really after - I was getting tired of using my car key to open boxes for work.

Well worth the monetary investment (Leathermans - even this little guy - aren't cheap).  I know I'll have it with me for years to come.

The photo makes the Nano Light look huge - it's not.

I've attached it to my keys using a tiny S-style carabiner (you can see the green one in the picture above)  My Nano Light flashlight is also on that link.  This way, when I switch back and forth between the car keys for everyday and the truck keys for camping, I can link it over without the usual off-the-keyring hassle. And if your eyes are really sharp, you'll also notice the monkey fist knot that's attached to my keyring (I've got 5-6' of 550 paracord there).  Got one for the truck, too.

A girl sure does love her accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment