Friday, January 11, 2013

Park (P)review: Pedernales Falls State Park - Johnson City, TX

Park (P)review
We haven't camped here yet, but I've driven around and checked it out!


830-868-7304

*What a park! Just the entrance drive to the Park Headquarters is amazing! By the time you finally reach it - you're at the crest of an amazing precipice.
*Beware of flash flooding - the reinforce the message on just about everything - and I think I passed at least 4-5 flood gauges on the road before I even got to the park. As they say in Houston: turn around, don't drown!
*Ever site felt large and was wooded - I'm sure sure there would be a bad one in the bunch.
*Water & Electric Sites: 15 could have the potential for a great view, once the leaves are down. 25, 48, and 63 were all nice. 57 looked like it was the premo spot.
*The camp hosts here had decorated for the holidays (I was there in October) very tastefully done - and really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment